Thursday, January 15, 2009

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!!


Ok, so I have been trying to find that "just right" Chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have to substitute lots of different things to make baked goods work in my house. I have found the best milk-free, egg-free, nut-free cookie ever!! You can make it full dairy & egg and add nuts if you want to though!! I will write out the recipe with all options!!

1 C brown sugar
3/4 C sugar
1 C butter (or dairy-free margarine or dairy-free shortening)
***I used 1/2 cup D.F. margarine and 1/2 cup D.F. shortening***
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (or 1 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer powder & 1/4 cup warm water, stir together)
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
12 oz chocolate chips (I used dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free semi-sweet choc chips)
Optional: 1 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In one large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar and butter. Beat 3 minutes on medium until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs (or egg substitute). Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir. Add chocolate chips.

Drop by 1/4 cupfuls. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake 11-14 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Centers will be soft. Cool 3-4 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum... Just look at them! How could you resist??? I have never baked cookies that look & taste like that!!

1 comment:

  1. Um...sharing pictures like this is SO NOT good for my diet! Glad you were able to find a delicious alternative for the kids. Life is just better with chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete