Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Deals & Steals

Today, I want to share with you my new LOVE of coupons. I have always been a very thrifty shopper, and I am a regular in the clearance section. Lauren used to rat me out to others, when they would complement her on her outfit, she would boldly point out that "Thanks, my mom got it for 3 bucks at Walmart..."

Recently I have learned that you can "stack" coupons at certain stores. By stack, I mean use a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon for the same item. This, many times, makes items which were not affordable now manageable. Sometimes, you can even find one of these items on sale, or on clearance, then stack your coupons on top of that to make them free!!

Target, Walgreens and Cub are the best place (in my area) to stack coupons. Though I am an avid Walmart shopper, they do not provide any store coupons to use.

Here are some of my recent "Deals & Steals":

Ok, the first few have no coupons, but I am proud of them.

TV stand (needed it for a long while) Original price $119.99 Clearance $29.99
2 computer games for Lauren for Christmas Orig. $19.99 ea Clearance $4.98 ea
Insoles for Brads sore & tired feet Orig. $6.99 Clearance $2.98

Clearasil face wash orig. $2.96 -$2.00 Mfr coupon = $.96
Kelloggs cereal On sale for $1.99 -$.75 Target coupon -$1.00 manufacturer coupon = $.24!!
Dannon Activia 4 pk On sale for $2 -$1.00 Mfr coupon = $.25 each
Schick Quattro shaver Orig. $9.94 -$2.00 Target Coupon -$4.00 Mfr. coupon = $3.94
Cascade Rinse agent (for dishwasher) Orig. $3.14 FREE with coupon!!

Here is the one I am really proud of...

My kids have spring allergies, so they depend on Breathe Right Strips to get them thru the night, and I found them at Cub like this...



Orig. $12.19 on clearance for $2.99 - $2.00 Mfr coupon = .99 each 30 pack!!
That is $.03 each! (compare to $.41 each at regular price)



2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Do you not have CVS by you? I get stuff for FREE or for pennies. It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cvs unless we go to Coon Rapids. I wish we had one!!

    ReplyDelete